2. What are cookies?
Cookies are a standard tool for storing information regarding the use of websites.
Cookies are small text files that are created automatically when you visit each website and that are stored within the browser you use on your computer, smartphone or other device. Thanks to some cookies, we can link your activities on our website until you close the browser. These cookies are automatically deleted when the browser window is closed. A cookie cannot access or read any personal data or other cookies on your computer, smartphone or other device. You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
However, other cookies remain in your browser or device for a set period of time and are reactivated each time you visit our website. In addition to cookies, we also use what are called tracking pixels, which are small images invisible to the average user that are based on a similar principle to cookies. The time for which cookies are left in your browser or device depends on the settings of the cookies themselves and also on the settings of your browser. We store data obtained from cookies for a maximum of one year.
3. What cookies do we use?
The cookies that we use on our website can be divided into two basic types:
- short-term, called “session cookies”, which are deleted immediately after the end of a visit to our website;
- long-term, called “persistent cookies”, which remain in your browser or device for a certain period of time or until you delete them manually.
Cookies can also be divided according to their functionality into:
- essential, which are technical and functional cookies that are important for the basic functionality of the website. Without these cookies, you would not be able to add goods to the shopping cart, place an order or log in to your customer account;
- analytical, which help us increase the user comfort of our website by understanding how users use it. They also allow us to analyse the performance of different sales channels;
- remarketing, which we use to personalise the content of ads and their correct targeting.
In practice, we use the above cookies, for example, for:
- the correct functionality of the shopping cart so that you can complete your order as easily and quickly as possible;
- remembering your login details so that you do not have to enter them repeatedly;
- making the best possible adaptation of our website to your requirements, thanks to the monitoring of traffic, your movements on the website and the functions you use;
- finding out what ads you view so that we do not show you ads for goods in which you are not interested in the future.
Some cookies, including their content, may collect information which may subsequently be used by third parties and which, for example, directly supports our advertising activities (called “third-party cookies”). For example, information about the products purchased on our website may be displayed by an advertising agency as part of the display and customisation of advertising banners on the websites you view. However, these cookies are anonymised for third parties and you cannot be identified according to this data.
4. How can you restrict cookies?
Information on the options for setting preferences for cookies can be found at the links below or in other documentation of Internet browsers:
An effective tool for managing cookies is also available on the website https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
5. How do I disable cookies?
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change the settings on your browser to refuse all cookies. In addition, you can modify the settings on your browser to be notified when a cookie is sent or to accept all cookies. Your browser’s help screen will tell you how to change your settings. However, you should note that disabling cookies may result in some parts of the website not working efficiently or in slower downloads.
This Policy describes the different types of cookies and similar technologies that may be applied on www.notino.ie.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any further questions.