Caffeine in cosmetics
Caffeine is the most common natural stimulant in the world and its effects have been known for many centuries. It is mostly found in coffee beans and tea leaves, but it’s also contained in other plants in various amounts. The cosmetic industry mostly uses it for its invigorating effects which promote blood circulation in the skin, as well as skin elasticity. This substance is a strong antioxidant with the ability to expel harmful free radicals from the body and slow down the process of ageing in the body.
Characteristics of Caffeine
Caffeine is an active ingredient used mostly in rejuvenating skin care. It brightens up your complexion and improves its overall condition. It is also one of the most popular ingredients for restoring hair thickness and stimulating hair roots.
Effects of Caffeine on Skin
- Prevents excessive dryness and balances skin pH.
- Improves collagen production, promotes skin elasticity, and reduces the visibility of wrinkles.
- Protects skin from free radicals, promotes regeneration, and stimulates the formation of new and healthy skin cells. Generally improves the condition of your skin.
- Helps reduce acne, reduces the visibility of acne scars.
- Reduces swelling and has amazing effects on dark under-eye circles and eye bags.
Effects of Caffeine on Hair
- Reduces hair loss and stimulates new hair growth.
- Promotes overall scalp regeneration, nourishes hair roots.
- Balances the pH of your scalp.
Cosmetic Products with Caffeine
The strengthening effects of caffeine make it a fantastic ingredient for anti-ageing cosmetic products. It can be found in lifting day creams and eye creams. Other popular products include anti-cellulite creams with caffeine and firming body care.
The beneficial effects of caffeine also make it amazing for hair care. Serums and shampoos with caffeine prevent excessive hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
Find your perfect caffeine shampoo at notino.ie and enjoy having beautifully thick and healthy hair. Make the invigorating powers of caffeine part of your daily beauty ritual and wake up gorgeous every single day. Treat yourself to a caffeine boost today!