Hyaluronic acid in cosmetics
Hyaluronic acid is a multi-purpose sugar molecule which is believed to have miraculous powers. It’s a hydrating agent, a high concentration of which can be naturally found in the human body. Hyaluronic acid is able to bind large amounts of water – up to 6 litres per 1 gram. This allows a fast migration of cells in the body, resulting in a better tissue regeneration, supply of nutrients and oxygen. This is how the acid helps speed up scar restoring, keeps our skin beautifully firm and supple, and facilitates the formation of new collagen and elastin fibres.
In the past, hyaluronic acid was obtained from roosters’ combs, but these days it’s created in labs from genetically modified bacteria and the result is identical to the substance naturally found in human body.
Characteristics of Hyaluronic Acid
Thanks to its miraculous effects, it helps your skin retain large amounts of water which is released gradually. This way your skin stays hydrated and supple for longer, plus a regular use leads to gradual regeneration and wrinkle reduction. The concentration of this substance in our skin decreases with age, which is why we need to regularly supply it in the form of hyaluronic serums or creams.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid for Skin
- Intensely hydrates the skin. By slowly releasing molecules of water, it continuously hydrates and nourishes skin from the inside.
- Stimulates the growth of skin cells and promotes the production of collagen and elastin fibres which give your skin firmness, elasticity, and softness.
- Penetrates the deeper layers of skin to fight premature skin ageing and facilitate a rapid reduction of wrinkles and smoothing of the skin.
- Helps with acne and dermatitis, takes care of oily skin.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid for Hair
- Moisturises dry and damaged hair, protects it from further loss of moisture, and prevents breakage and split ends.
- Smoothens the hair fibre and restores shine to dull and dry hair.
Beauty Products with Hyaluronic Acid
Thanks to its unusual properties and quick effects, hyaluronic acid is one of the most popular ingredients in the beauty industry. Cosmetic products with hyaluronic acid are suitable for all skin types, especially a dehydrated, dry skin, and skin that suffers from signs of ageing.
Pure hyaluronic acid is added to skin care, nail care, and hair care products, as well as to various fillers – injections that are used for the reduction of wrinkles or for enhancement of the lips with hyaluronic acid.
To take care of saggy mature skin on a regular basis, use a day and night cream with hyaluronic acid, plus a hyaluronic eye cream to treat the wrinkles around your eyes. For a more intense effect, add a hyaluronic acid face mask and serum to achieve a faster wrinkle-filling and skin-smoothing effect.
notino.ie carries a large number of hair care products with hyaluronic acid – from shampoos to intensive hair masks and serums which hydrate your dry and damaged hair and prevent hair breakage and split ends by gradually releasing water.
Find the best moisturiser with hyaluronic acid, a hyaluronic acid serum or a mask, and restore your skin’s suppleness while giving it exactly the top quality care it deserves.